Sunday 17 January 2016

Auckland Zoo

Seemed Mark G and I had the same idea yesterday. It was far too nice a day to stay home. A few txt messages later and we were off to our chosen photography venue.

It's been a very long time since I have been to Auckland Zoo.

You may remember that last time we tried, it ended up being a bit of a disaster with pretty much most of Auckland being there. This time it was still busy, but the odd carpark was available.

We were in!

Mark and I arrived just after lunch with Rob & Yvonne joining us an hour or so later.

I just took my 70 - 200mm f2.8 with me and decided to just play around with shooting with the aperture fixed at f2.8.

Definitely an interesting experiment and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

It was a scorcher of a day, so as you can imagine, a lot of the animals were taking it pretty easy (as you can tell in some of the pics!). Don't blame them really!

As for the zoo, great place to visit. I really like how they've changed the layout and enclosures. Well worth a visit. We will be back soon :-)

Here's the picks of what I got... there might be a few :-)























No comments:

Post a Comment