Tuesday 26 January 2016

Thrills and a spill

Sunday was a blistering hot day here in Auckland.

With it being such a good day, Rob and I decided to do the best thing possible - spend the whole day in the sun with no shade!?!

But it was worth it though as we headed out to the Jet Sprints at Meremere. Now... if you don't know what jet sprints are.... imagine a small boat with a V8 turbo charged engine strapped to the back off it....!! The teams then need to get the boat around a tight, twisting course as quickly as possible. And boy do they go quick.

This was our first time heading to see any jet sprints and it was great fun to watch!

And loud :-) I was glad I wore ear plugs for most of the day.

For shooting, I went with my 70-200mm lens, but added the 1.4x converter. I then just cranked the shutter speed up to 1/1000 to 1/1250 and let rip :-)
































Only one good one from when I tried a shutter speed of 1/60 :-)


It wouldn't be a motorsport if there wasn't a spill or two... I managed to the capture the best one:



Safety crews were there pretty quick and the team were shaken, but fine.


We'll be back. Next time with our own shade and a chilly bin... :-)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment